Friday, June 28, 2013

Friday Outfit of the Day!

Good morning, guys!

Today is going to be a nice, relaxing day at home.  Even though I'm not going to school every day, I tend to work a lot during the summer both planning for the new year that will start in the fall and also this summer working online.  However, after a long, involved week I've declared today a day off from work of any kind.  I'm thinking that I'll give myself a pedicure, make a Lavash pizza for lunch, and maybe watch a movie curled up on the couch with my puppies.  Sounds great!  Here's what I'm wearing for my day off:



 
 
 
 
 



The sweater is my new cardigan from Mossimo Supply Company, the skinny jeans are Banana Republic Classic Skinny, and the tank is also Mossimo.  My watch was bought from Carriage about five years ago.  The chunky cubic zirconia earrings were a birthday gift from my sister last year.  The turtle pearl necklace was a gift from my husband on our honeymoon five years ago.  It's from one of those places where you choose an oyster and they crack it open and you get what's inside.  My toes are painted with Wet 'n Wild's I Need a Refresh-Mint.  I don't usually paint my fingernails since I can't ever seem to keep it nice, so I use a buffer on them instead to at least make sure that they're shiny.

The whole thing is perfect for a relaxing day off!

Also, on a side note, I had a scare this morning.  My husband and I "inherited" a hermit crab from one of his coworkers (apparently her grandkids "already had too many pets") a few months ago.  We call it Crabby, because it's one of the most unfriendly pets I've ever encountered.  If you walk by, it sucks up into its shell.  And I think it molted last night:


At first I thought it was dead.  It's soooooo freaky looking.  But there's something hiding inside the shell that moved when I poked at the limbs hanging out of the shell earlier.  And the "body" is hollow, so I THINK that's what happened.  I know they molt, since I watched a bunch of YouTube videos about hermit crabs trying to figure out what it needed.  So in addition to my relaxing day, I have to trek down to the local pet supply store and see about getting it a larger shell.  I guess the painted shells are bad for them, anyway. 


What are your plans on this lovely summer Friday?

Stay Cool!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...