Wednesday, June 12, 2013

My Body Care Must-Haves

Hi guys!

I was tidying up my bathroom earlier and thinking about some of my favorite self-care items that I buy over and over.  Here are the things I love so much that I buy replacements without even glancing at what else is on the shelf:


Back row from left to right:
Garnier Fructis Volume Extend Shampoo and Conditioner- I have very fine hair and absolutely adore this shampoo/conditioner combo.  The shampoo bubbles really nicely and rinses clean.  The conditioner is light enough for my fine hair without causing static from being too light.  Plus they smell like peaches. 

Vaseline Total Moisture Lotion- I've been using this moisturizer for year.  I have one in the bathroom and one on my bedside table.  I also like their Moisture Rescue variety.

 Aveda Rosemary Mint Body Wash- I have dry skin and this always leaves me silky smooth from head to toe.  It even chases away winter itchiness.

 Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer- I use this daily on my legs for summery, streak-free color.  My arms and face get enough sunlight on their own, but my legs need a little extra help.  It doesn't have as strong of an odor as a lot of self-tanning products.

 Burt's Bees Coconut Foot Crème- Another dry skin go-to! I love this in the winter to combat cold weather dryness and in the summer for beautiful sandal-ready feet.

St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub- I use this every day in the shower on my face, neck, and collarbones.  It smells really nice and leaves my skin nice and clean without over scrubbing.

Front row from left to right:
 L'oreal Revitalift- This is the first night crème I've come across that I would buy again without hesitation (usually I just by whatever's on sale).  It's creamy without being oily and doesn't seem to upset my skin.

 Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream- I've been obsessed with Burt's Bees since I discovered the brand my freshman year of college.  Their products are always super high quality and very natural.  I rub this into my nails and cuticles at bedtime and it makes my nails stronger and keeps my cuticles from drying out.

 Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm- Another long-time favorite.  I always have one in my nightstand, in my purse, and in my desk in my classroom.  Doesn't dry out my lips like a lot of lip balms and has a great minty flavor that perks me up.  My husband is also obsessed with these and usually has several of his own stashed away, too.

 ROC Retinol Corrective Cream for Sensitive Skin- I was really nervous to try this.  I have sensitive skin and this was my first retinol product.  However I love, love, love it.  I just turned thirty (!) and am starting to really need night crème for the first time.  I use this here and there directly on any lines that I see around my eyes, mouth, and forehead.  It produces dramatic results overnight. 

Tommy Girl- I've been wearing the same perfume since high school.  I bough a bottle with my very first paycheck from my very first job after discovering it at a perfume counter years before when my mom said I was too young to wear perfume.  It's light, clean, and smell great.  It's not overpowering like a lot of perfumes that give me a headache and somehow smells youthful.

What items can't you live without?

Amy


2 comments:

  1. Love so many of these!! I have been using the St. Ives scrub for years :) It's such a great product for the inexpensive price.

    I'm going to have to check out the Aveda body wash because rosemary and mint sounds amazing!

    xx em
    http://beauty-blether.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aveda also makes rosemary and mint shampoo and conditioner that are both pretty awesome. The thing that I love best, besides how moisturizing it is, is that the smell is super authentic. At lot of time a product will say "smells like..." but really just smells like chemicals.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...