Tuesday, June 25, 2013

My Make-Up Must Haves!

Hey guys!

After my very serious last post, I decided to share something a lot more fun: make-up!  I've been wearing make-up since I was 13 and I really enjoy it.  Like a lot of girls, I've got a few things that I buy over and over that make up the cornerstone of my make-up routine.  When I'm working during the school year, I pretty much wear the same make-up every day.  I think it makes me look put-together and professional.  Nothing too crazy or wild, since I'm playing at being a grownup when I'm at work. 



I don't wear foundation since it's so tricky to do well when you have freckles, so I start with E.L.F.'s Tone Correcting Concealer in Light Beige under my eyes and anywhere else where I need a little coverage.  I also apply their Eyelid Primer in Sheer to keep my eye make-up in place.  Next, I apply a layer of Rimmel's Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Creamy Natural using a big brush (I like the Ecotools line by Alicia Silverstone).  Then I put a layer of color on my lips to dry while I do my eyes.  For work, I always go with Revlon's ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor in Endless Spice.  I use neutral eye shadow: Maybelline's Chic Naturals in Browntones.  (Totally sexy name, right?)  I use the lighter color on my lids and up to my eyebrows.  I then use a small swipe of the darker shade right over my crease in an arc, moving outer corner in.  Next I apply a small line of eyeliner to the top and bottom of my eyes outside the lashes.  I adore Rimmel's Special Eyes Professional Eye Liner Pencil in Panama.  It's a great dark brown, sort of a coffee color, that goes on clean and doesn't seem to smear or wear during the day.  Then a quick coat of Maybelline's Great Lash in Very Black on the top lashes and a clear coat over my lips for shine.  And that's it for my day-to-day work look. 

Here's my yearbook "mug shot" as an example.  It was taken back in the fall and my hair was really, really short.   I think I'd just had it cut.  Now I'm trying to grow it out, and it's down to my collarbone.  It seems like I'm always growing my hair out, getting frustrated, and getting it cut.  It's a lot of work when you have fine hair like I do. 

What do you think of my bob haircut? 



Stay cool!


Amy

2 comments:

  1. I like how you keep things simple for work. I also am a fan of the shoulder length blunt cut. I wish i had the guts to pull off that haircut. Ps tha ks for commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You, too! It's so nice that there is such a great community out there.

      Delete

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...