Thursday, July 11, 2013

Back to Work Outfit #4- Meet the Parents!

Hey guys,

I wouldn't say that I get really dressed up for work all that often.  I'm a science teacher, so I oversee labs all day and my job can get pretty messy.  However, I have the option of throwing my lab coat on over my duds, so that helps!  When I do dress up a lot, it always seems to be for events involving parents, like Open House or Parent/Teacher Conferences.  I think it's important to make a good impression, especially as a younger teacher. 




 
So here's my tropical wool suit that I bought the day after Thanksgiving.  I ordered it online from Banana Republic, so I didn't get to try it on before I bought it.  I'm naturally pretty pear shaped, so it was a little nerve-racking and I haven't worn any of it to work yet.  The one button blazer, at-the-knee pencil skirt, and slim-cut slacks are all a size six, and both of the bottoms were a little tight when I got them because they are both such fitted styles.  However, I think I'm going to feel comfortable wearing them to Open House to greet parents this year.  Hooray for working out hard and eating well this summer! 
 

 



The black leather pumps and the burgundy silk top are also Banana Republic.  The pumps were bought online two years ago with a coupon during a sale (naturally!) and the blouse was bought during a fantastic Black Friday sale about four years ago.  I love the asymmetrical pleated neckline and its drapy cut.  What can I say?  I love Banana Republic: their stuff is good quality and the perfect combination of trendy and classic.  When I buy something from them, I know I'll be able to wear it for years to come.

What do you think of my ever-so-grownup look?

Stay cool!
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...