Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Day 2 Meal Pics!

Hey guys!

So as promised, here are some pictures of what I ate during day 2 of my veggie experiment.  I wasn't as good at sticking to the plan on Day 2 as on Day 1.  My afternoon snack was an iced chai nonfat latte from Starbucks.  They do have soymilk but charge a LOT extra for it, to the point where I suspect that it covers a lot more than any difference in milk price, so I skipped it.  And I have to my drink was amazing: cool and very satiating in a way that nothing else has been the last two days.  I also went off-plan a little at dinner too (see below).

Breakfast (7 am)




 
Breakfast was a packet of maple and brown sugar oatmeal from Oat Revolution made with plain almond milk and topped with half of a chopped banana, a handful of blueberries, and cinnamon.  Served with a cup of black French roast from Trader Joe's.  The almond milk gives the oatmeal a nice thick texture, but also kind of a funny aftertaste, like artificial sweetener almost.
 
 
 
Lunch (12:30):

 
Lunch was a whole wheat tortilla with teriyaki baked tofu, lettuce, carrot, onion, and a tablespoon of sweet chili sauce.  I sautéed the tofu in a little olive oil.  I wasn't very hungry, so I only ate half. 
 
 
Dinner (6:30 pm):

 
Dinner was another recipe out of Vegan on the Cheap.  This is the Summer Garden Soup.  There was quite a bit of chopping at the beginning, but it was still a very easy soup to make and healthy: lots of veggies and the white beans I bought at Trader Joe's. I added some Parmesan and a few garlic cheese croutons on top.  Obviously that's not vegan, but in my mind, adding a few calories (about 40) to make eating all those veggies and beans more appetizing was a fantastic trade-off, vegan or not. 
 
Right now, I'm craving comforting food like crazy and am starting to feel like maybe this isn't for me, especially with my dairy "cheats" today.  But I committed to doing it for a week, so I'm going to keep going and try to keep an open mind.
 
Now I'm on to Day Three, so stay tuned!
 
Stay cool!
 
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...