Monday, July 8, 2013

Rainy Weekend

Hey guys!

We've had a lot of unseasonably cloudy, drizzly weather lately.  We do get rain during the summer here, but it's usually fast moving storms that pass overhead with a lot of thunder and lightning.  Instead, it was overcast all weekend and we had some sporadic sprinkles.  Weird.  I can't complain too much, though.  The forth was clear and perfect for fireworks, it's just been since Friday. 


My hubby had Thursday and Friday off, but spent a lot of time studying for the GMAT, since he's thinking about grad school lately.  So it was mostly just me and the pups.  Here's what we did this weekend:

 
On Saturday, my husband and I went out to dinner with a friend we hadn't seen in a while.  We drove over to our old neighborhood near the University and had dinner at one of my favorite restaurants.  My "usual" is the grilled sweet potato sandwich: thick slices of sweet potato grilled and served on a fresh pita with hummus, red onion, lettuce, and tomato.  This time, I decided to try something different, though.  I had a big salad with mixed greens, apples, candied pecans, goat cheese, and an AMAZING apple vinaigrette that I need to figure out how to replicate.  My husband had chicken pesto bow tie pasta and my friend had the quiche of the day with tomatoes and pesto.  Everything looked so good that we were all passing around our plates and sampling each other's food! 
 
My friend has a major sweet tooth, so I also indulged in dessert.  She had the sour cream chocolate cake and I had the chocolate of the day: Kahlua chocolate mousse.  I didn't realize that it would come topped with more whipped cream than there was mousse, but it was really, really good!



 Sunday was a lazy day for me and the pups while Hubby studied and took a super long practice test.  Since it was so cloudy, I got to have a rare cup of summer tea: decaf green with a slice of lemon.  Normally it's WAY too hot to feed my tea habit during July.  Trouble slept on the couch in the strangest position, but felt much better after her nap.  Big Boy spent most of the time pouting outside Hubby's closed door.  He's one of those dogs that is convinced that a closed door means that you are going to climb out the window and he'll never see you again!

What did you do this weekend?

Stay cool!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...