Thursday, July 4, 2013

What I Ate Wednesday

Hey guys!

Happy Forth of July!  Welcome back for another edition of What I Ate Wednesday.  Today I am going to record what I eat throughout the day and then post my meals and snacks here. 

Breakfast (7 am):



I was craving something really healthy today, so  made a bowl of Quaker Oats High Fiber Brown Sugar Oatmeal made with water and topped with half a banana, a handful of blueberries, and cinnamon.  It's a newer oatmeal for me, and I actually think that I like the plain packets with flaxseeds that Trader Joe's makes better.  On the side, I had black coffee (Trader Joe's Fair Trade French Roast), a big glass of water, and a cup of 1% milk. 

How do you like my new placemats?  I found them at the dollar store, of all places, and they totally go with the coffee theme in our kitchen.



Also you'll have to forgive the fringe at the edge of the picture, it's the crazy 4th of July decoration my mom gave me!

Lunch (12 pm):




I was craving something savory, so I made a healthy Mexican treat:  half a cup of shredded chicken breast mixed with two tablespoons of low fat shredded cheddar and salsa heated in the microwave until melty.  I wrapped my chicken filling in a whole wheat and flaxseed tortilla with chopped lettuce and tomato and another tablespoon of low fat cheddar.  Yum!  If you eat a lot of tortillas, try wrapping them in a damp paper towel and microwaving for 30 seconds before folding them up.  It makes them soft and pliable so they don't split open. 

Afternoon snack (3:30 pm):



I had a white nectarine (eaten with about five napkins because it was so juicy!) and an organic strawberry yogurt from Trader Joe's.

Dinner (6:30 pm):

 



I had a cup and a half of homemade chili with canned tomatoes, black and kidney beans, extra lean ground turkey, and topped with a spoonful of low fat sour cream, a chopped scallion, and two tablespoons of shredded low fat cheddar.  Yum!

Evening snack (8:30 pm):




I had four sliced strawberries with a spoonful of fat free cool whip on top in my awesome vintage dessert cup to make it feel more like a special treat.

And that was it!

What did you eat today??

Stay cool!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...