Thursday, July 11, 2013

What I Ate Wednesday

Hey guys!

Welcome back for another edition of What I Ate Wednesday.  Today I'm keeping track of what I eat all day and will post it on my blog.  There's going to be a definite theme today; soft food!  I went to the dentist yesterday, and for some reason it made my jaw swell up.  It's really strange, especially since it was just a routine cleaning.

Breakfast (7:30 am):


I LOVE cereal, but I'm always very suspicious of it since it's so hard to practice portion control and because so many brands have an insane amount of sugar.  My easy solution is to stick with no sugar added, high fiber cereals that are super easy to measure, like the original shredded wheat (the big ones).  Then I can just pull out two biscuits and be done with it.  I picked up a new cereal that meets my three requirements at Trader Joes last week: Weetabix.  I'd never had it before, but was kind of tickled to find it since it seems so terribly British!  The big pieces get really soft in milk, perfect for my sore jaw.  I had two Weetabix with a cup of skim milk, half a chopped banana, and a handful of blueberries.  On the side, I had a mug of black coffee and my second glass of water for the day.



Lunch (12:30 pm):



I was really craving a tuna sandwich, but decide to soften it up for my jaw by replacing my usual toasted whole wheat bread with half of a whole wheat lavash wrap.  I filled it with half a cup of flaked tuna mixed with one tablespoon of light mayo, yellow mustard, chopped dill pickles, garlic salt, pepper, onion powder, and my own personal secret ingredient: dried dill weed!  Topped with red onion, chopped tomato, and cucumber slices.  Yum!



Afternoon Snack (3:30 pm):


I had one of those little 4-oz. yogurt cups from Trader Joe's.  The flavor was really good: Vanilla and Cream.  I topped it with some of my weekly grocery impulse buy: five halved and pitted black cherries.  I LOVE summer produce, although I'm still waiting for fresh ears of sweet corn to show up!


Dinner (6:30 pm):

 
I made two different recipes from my new Busy Girl, Healthy Life cookbook tonight: baked breaded chicken fingers and mashed potatoes/cauliflower.  They both turned out really good, although I was glad that I cut the potato recipe in half since it still made a ton!  I dipped my chicken in low fat ranch dressing and  had green beans sprayed with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray and sprinkled with garlic salt.  Yum!
 
 
Dessert (8:30 pm):

 
I had a chopped banana topped with a dollop of fat free Cool Whip in my awesome vintage dessert cup.
 
And that was it.  What did you eat today?
 
Stay cool!
 
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...