Thursday, July 25, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday!

Hey guys!

Okay, so I kind of feel like I already did a What I Ate Wednesday post from yesterday, and since I feel like I've been grumping about how my veggie experiment hasn't been going the way I thought it would (I still don't feel great, and am quite disappointed about it), I decided I would change gears and do something fun for today's post.  Below are two different outfits:  one that I'm wearing today as I go out to lunch with a friend and another Back to Work outfit for my upcoming school year.

Today is an overcast, drizzly kind of day.   It's super unusual where I live, particularly in the summer, but is one of my all-time favorite kinds of weather since it reminds me of my childhood in the Bay Area.  I also get mad chocolate chip cookie cravings on these kind of days, since we always used to make chocolate chip cookies with my mom on rainy days when I was little.  Now, I call her whenever it rains and tell her that I have to go make cookies.  I think she operant conditioned me without meaning to!

To enjoy the slightly cooler weather, I'm pairing a snuggly shrunken summer cardigan from Ross with a simple white tee from the Gap, skinny jeans from the Gap, and my metallic sandals from Target. 

 


I was in a hurry when I took this picture and actually added big hoop earrings and my long strand of pearls afterwards.
 
Back to Work Outfit #5... I think.  I've lost count!


I've been trying to figure out what to do with my new skinny belt from Banana Republic belt.  I haven't even taken the tag off, as you can see.  I love the turquoise color, but I haven't found a "just right" outfit for it yet.  Here's on attempt:  with a peach tee (size S) and a linen pencil skirt (size 6).  Both bought on clearance at Banana Republic last summer.  Paired with big hoop earrings and my nude and gold Ann Klein sandals.  I have the exact same style in black and gunmetal since they are super comfy and were very on sale.  They somehow look totally different in the darker color. 



Once it starts to cool down, I have a lot of great navy stuff to pair with the belt, like this navy wool velvet tripped cardigan.  Also from the Banana Republic clearance racks.  It cost me $10 on final clearance right after Christmas.  What can I say?  I'm a bit obsessed with Banana Republic!

What do you think?

Stay cool!

Amy

P.S. There's been a fly in the house all day, and the dogs are both crazed over it.  Here's Big Boy in the middle of the hunt:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...