Thursday, August 1, 2013

Throwback Thursday!

Hey guys!

So for Throwback Thursday this week, I thought I'd share one of my favorite fall pictures of myself.  Even though it's still very hot here, I'm working to imagine a fall chill in the air, especially since I'm heading back to work soon. 

Fall is my favorite season!  Crunchy leaves, that hint of a chill in the morning and the evening, the school year feeling fresh and exciting, and Halloween, which is far and away my favorite holiday.  I love the play, the fantasy, picking out a costume, the candy, and the fact that it's not a formal holiday, like Thanksgiving or Christmas, where I have to bake, wear pantyhose, and travel long distances in the cold, usually at early hours.

When I was little, we always went out to a real, honest-to-goodness pumpkin patch on a farm to get our jack-o-lanterns.  The rule was that you could get any pumpkin you wanted, but you had to be able to carry it all the way back to the car.  I think my parents did this not only out of practicality, but also for some hilarious photos of the two of us staggering around under pumpkins we were sure we could carry! 




Here I am with my tiny pumpkin in my lap.  The big one was probably my dad's, since he loves to carve pumpkins. 

There's no date on this picture, but I'm guessing that this was either my last Halloween before my sister or the first one with her based on my size, so that means I'm about 3 or 4 years old.  Please note my stylin' Hello Kitty overalls.  Wasn't I a fashion plate at such a young age?  ;-)

You can also see how light my hair used to be.  I was born blond, but my hair started to darken to strawberry blond, then red, then auburn by the time I was a teenager.  Now my hair is such a dark red that I actually have strawberry blond highlights put in at the salon.  I've been doing it since a few months before I got married.  I wanted to make sure I didn't look brunette in my pictures!

Happy Thursday and Stay Cool!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...