Friday, August 9, 2013

Throwback Thursday!

Hey guys!

Having shared two baby pictures so far, I thought I would do a much more recent flashback:


This is one of my favorite pictures from my wedding!  Hubby and I have been married for just over five years now.  My dress is a beaded and embroidered ivory and cream A-line from Alfred Angelo with a custom made sash (to match my bridesmaids) pinned with an antique filigree pin.  It belonged to my husband's grandmother and my grandma loaned it to my mom to wear when my parents got married.   She also made a point of retrieving it at their reception, so it was a BIG deal to my mom many years later when she was finally given the pin to keep.  My pearls belonged to my maternal grandma, who passed away about nine months before we got married.  I was very close with both of my grandmas, so it was important to me to include little reminders of them on such an important day.

Stay cool!

Amy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...