Thursday, August 8, 2013

What I Ate Wednesday!

Hey guys!

Welcome back for another edition of What I Ate Wednesday.  Today I am tracking what I eat all day and will post pictures here.

Breakfast (7 am):




 
I was craving something sweet this morning, so I had two low-fat whole grain toaster waffles with a tiny amount of light butter, a handful of blueberries, and a drizzle of real maple syrup.  All the cups on the side are a glass of water, a cup of 1% milk, and a mug of black French Roast. 



Lunch (Noon):

I was craving comfort food again- I think the stress of the school year coming up is getting to me!  So I made one of my favorite warm lunches: canned chicken, black beans, salsa, and 2% cheddar microwaved until warm and melty and topped  with light sour cream.





Afternoon snack (3:30 pm):
 
 
Red grapes with a few spoonfuls of nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt.
 
 
 
Dinner (7 pm): 












Dinner was whole wheat noodles with a parmesan and sour cream sauces.  Served with a side of steamed green beans and tomato and onion salad.




The dogs were super excited that I finished off the last of the sour cream for dinner.  Big Boy had the tub for about 30 seconds before Trouble got it away from him and went running to hide it in the back of her crate. 


Dessert (8:15 pm):

 
My usual: sliced strawberries with fat free Cool Whip on top.
 
Next week I will be having lunches at work, which means that someone else will be cooking for me and I will get spoiled again.  I've also planned out plant-based breakfasts and dinners for home for a second try at my veggie experiment from a few weeks ago.  My goal is to try to not make it so intimidating this time around by replacing things slowly as they get used up instead of going straight into it.  Here's what the plan looks like:
 
Breakfast:
 oatmeal made with almond milk and topped with blueberries and sliced banana
-OR-
homemade fruit smoothie made from fresh berries and bananas and a spoonful of leftover yogurt (to be replaced by soy yogurt in the future) topped with crunchy cereal for a parfait-style dish.
 
Lunch:
At work and free for teachers!  My school has the amazing indulgence of a chef, and there is always a veggie option since a large number of teachers and students are vegetarian or vegan (and so is one of the kitchen staff!).  Plus there is salad bar and fresh fruit every day, which is mostly what I eat, anyways.
 
Dinner: 
I'll be cooking out of a vegan cookbook called Chloe's Kitchen.  I received it as a Christmas gift, although I haven't made much out of it so far, just a batch of really good cookies.  It has lots of beautiful pictures, which I love in a cookbook.  Here's the week's menu, in no particular order:
 
-Banana cupcakes with lemon glaze (to be made at the end of the week for my cheat day since I will need very ripe bananas.)
-Creamy thyme scalloped potatoes and store-bought veggie burgers
-Mongolian barbeque bowls with brown rice, sweet and spicy sauce, mushrooms, snap peas, and tempeh (chicken for Hubby)
-Falafel sliders topped with avocado hummus and tahini sauce with green beans and oven fries
-Penne a la Vodka with homemade garlic bread and steamed broccolini
-California chipotle chopped-style salad with avocado and agave-lime dressing served with store-bought vegetable soup
-Tuscan bean and greens soup over garlic toast with a side salad
 
It all sounds very good.  I'm excited!
 
Stay cool!
 
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...