Tuesday, August 6, 2013

What I'm Reading Right Now

Hey guys!

So I was tidying up today and couldn't help but think that the pile of books on my bedside table was to awesome of an eclectic mix not to share!  Here's what I'm reading lately:



Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury.  One of my all-time favorite authors, I read this wonderfully old-fashioned summer tale every summer break, ideally accompanied by popsicles!

Entre Nous: A Woman's Guide to Finding Her Inner French Girl by Debra Ollivier.  I love her descriptions and first-hand tales of the French women she met living in France and adore her lists of what's in a French girl's closet, pantry, etc. 

The Anywhere, Anytime Chill Guide by Kate Hanley.  A great book for anyone who has occasional anxiety like I do.  The book gives tips and strategies for how to be relaxed and confident in any situation.

The Joy Diet by Martha Beck.  A book of simple ideas to bring more gratitude to your life.

Denialism: How Irrational Thinking Harms the Planet and Threatens Our Lives by Michael Specter.  As a science teacher trying to teach students critical thinking, I find this book fascinating. 


To Marry and English Lord by Gail MacColl and Carol McD. Wallace.  A very dense historical book that chronicles the phenomenon of American heiresses traveling overseas to seek out titled husbands at the turn of the last century (a la Cora from Downton Abbey).

Chloe's Kitchen: 125 Easy, Delicious Recipes for Making the Food You Love the Vegan Way by Chloe Coscarelli.  As I mentioned the other day, I've been having some odd side effects since I reverted back from my veggie experiment diet, and this book is helping me plan a potential Take 2.  It's probably unusual, but I adore reading cookbooks, especially ones with beautiful color pictures like this one. 

What are you reading these days?

Stay cool!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...