Friday, September 6, 2013

Fashion Friday!

Hey guys!

Here's my favorite outfit from my very short work week:



I always feel a real French girl vibe when I wear this sweater!

Acrylic black and cream striped sweater from Old Navy with skinny jeans from the Gap and my black leather Banana Republic ballet flats.

I've been enjoying my extra time off by working on a few decorating projects around the house.  It's really the first time in a long time that I've had time and money simultaneously to do some freshening up.  Very exciting!


I cleaned up my shelf over the kitchen sink that had been cluttered with old candles, cookbooks, and other stuff and replaced them with a fun kitchen sign and my oil diffuser.  It looks so much nicer to have fewer things!



Speaking of de-cluttering, I finally hung the mirrors and wedding invitation that had been taking up all the room on top of a bookcase in the living room.  I've been meaning to do this for years, but had been hesitating because the wall is brick covered in real plaster and I've been terrified to try to hang anything because it's supposed to be so tricky.  These were put up using adhesive hooks that are supposed to not leave any marks. 




I used the same strategy to hang my vases picture over the back of the couch, just with bigger hooks.  It was not easy getting it up, centered, and level when I was the only one home!  I feel quite proud of my success, though. :-)

I also found new throw pillows for the couch and the loveseat that Hubby and I could agree on!  It was very nice to replace the yucky spotted ones that came with the furniture. 




I originally was disappointed that I couldn't find four matching square pillows.   I went back and found the little round ones in the exact same shade, though, and the more I look at them the more I like the visual interest of the different shapes.

 
Hubby likes the zig-zag pattern on the square ones.  I think he was very relieved that they weren't covered in giant flowers or something else girly!
 
Everything came from Ross, except for the hooks and the mirrors and framed wedding invitation over the bookshelf.  The big mirror was bought at a wood carving booth at the Renaissance Fair years ago and the little mirror is from Cost Plus, also years ago.  The wedding invitation is in a pewter-colored metal frame from Target, although I'm thinking of getting something a little more wedding-y to put it in!
 
Stay cool!
 
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...