Sunday, October 27, 2013

Weekend Fitness Update

Hey guys!

I've been hard at work on building a more solid fitness routine for the last month.  I'm waiting for a little more progress before I share any pics, but it's really getting exciting!

I've always been fairly active.  High school and college both included marching band- which takes a lot of stamina and coordination to pull off.  These days I'm an avid walker (having dogs is super encouraging in that area) and a devoted yogi.  I've also used hand weights and other strength training sporadically since I was in college, but it does tend to get left by the wayside whenever I get busy, which is quite often with my wacky teacher schedule!

A month ago, I made a promise to myself to start getting into better shape and to loose some of the weight I've put on very slowly over the last several years.  Having turned 30 in January, I figure that it's time to get serious about meeting my goals now that I'm no longer in my carefree twenties.   

I've been doing 45 minutes of weights and aerobics twice a week with a DVD and, most excitingly, I've been working on building a running routine 3 days a week.  I've always wanted to be a runner.  (I was even on the track team my junior year of high school, but that was mostly because of a boy... yeah.  I was sixteen, cut me some slack!)  Running is so important to me in large part because when I was younger I never, ever thought I could do something like that.  I have asthma and it makes extreme activity like running tricky.  So I've been building up very slowly and running with my inhaler in my pocket, just in case.  But after four weeks of following my routine, I'm getting stronger and faster.  I've lost about 4 pounds, and am really starting to see results in the mirror and feel them in my clothes.  It's very exciting!  Consistency is going to be the key to seeing even more exciting results. 

I'm also working on my diet, trying for a (mostly) vegetarian routine that includes lots of veggies, fruit, and whole grains.  I dabbled in vegetarianism in college, and when I finally got it right it was a great source of energy, glowing skin, and weight maintenance. 

Stay tuned for pictures very soon.

Stay cool!

Amy

2 comments:

  1. yay! that's great!♥ I also feel better when I eat fresh and work out, but sometimes it's so hard to stay motivated!:)

    www.lorietta.cz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! It's so tough these days with all the junk food choices out there. So proud of you and definitely can't wait to see pics!!

    Xo Mel
    www.turquoiseblonde.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...