Thursday, November 28, 2013

What I AteWednesday.


Hey guys!

Today I am grateful for a day off to bake pies!

Here's what I ate today:





Oatmeal with a handful of frozen blueberries added for the last minute. Served with black french roast and 1% milk. I like to buy a few extra pints of blueberries when they're really cheap and really good during the summer for later use. 


Lunch:

Soup and salad while I was out running errands. Yum!



Dinner:

Another salad plus two slices of chicken pizza. Not the lightest meal right before thanksgiving but I was all cooked out after making pies all afternoon!

Here are the pies I made for thanksgiving tomorrow:


Mincemeat for Hubby. (Dried fruit soaked in apple juice and cooked with cinnamon and orange juice.)


Pumpkin pie made with silken tofu instead of cream. I've made this recipe for years. You can't tell the difference and it's way healthier!


Chocolate mousse for my dad, since he doesn't like fruit pie. Also made with tofu (shhhhh... Don't tell or he won't try it!) but this one is a new recipe. It smells really good, and Hubby almost licked the bowl after I poured the filling onto the crust!  There's a really cool story behind the cookie crust. It's made entirely from those great cookies that Delta Airlines gives you. 


These were gifted to my by an awesome flight attendant after my seat mate coming back from our Chicago trip mentioned my plans to add some of these cookies to thanksgiving pie crust. I had been saving my packet of cookies from each layover on the trip, but her amazing gift was enough for a whole pie crust!  (Normally I would use graham crackers or maybe Nilla Wafers, so I'm excited to see how this turned out!)

I'm going to make green bean casserole in the morning and then we will be caravanning up to my parents' house for Thanksgiving. My mom is super excited that we are coming and has made all sorts of plans. It should be fun!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Amy














No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...