Friday, January 24, 2014

What I Ate Wednesday

Hey guys!

I'm taking a break after eating a plant based diet for two solid weeks. It's soooo much work making everything from scratch and so expensive!  I also wound up feeling kind of crazy-obsessive and isolated by focusing on my diet so much. I'm worried that it's not something I could do happily long term, so this week I'm going for "girly" eating. You know: lots of fish, chicken, yogurt and nonfat dairy, fruits, veggies, and whole grains.  I've also ramped up my workouts: two days of both dog walking and jogging and two days of pretty intense weights using the book The Cheerleader Fitness Plan. Here's what I ate this Wednesday:

Breakfast



Two eggs with spinach and mushrooms and a sprinkle of low fat cheddar over the top. Served in a whole wheat tortilla with French Roast laced with skim milk. 

That's my big challenge this week- trying to adapt to drinking skim milk!  I've never really cared for it but I know it's better for you. I'm working on it. :-)

Morning Snack


Nonfat plain Greek yogurt with a drizzle of agave and a mix of strawberries and blackberries. 

Lunch:




A serving of homemade tuna salad in another tortilla with lettuce, shredded carrot, and cucumber. Made with: low fat mayo, yellow mustard, garlic powder, sweet relish, and dill. Yum!

Afternoon snack:


A serving of low salt Triscuits with two ounces of sharp cheddar. Next time I'm going to make sure my block of cheese is low fat, but this was something I bought in a pinch for a recipe. 

Dinner:


Homemade baked zucchini sticks with a small serving of noodles with extra marinara to dip the zucchini. There's about 1/2 a cup of noodles and a cup of sauce in there!  Topped with low fat mozzarella and real Parmesan and baked in my little toaster over. 

What do you think?

It's a pretty BIG shift from how I was eating but I feel a lot more balanced and like I can work out harder. I've even lost a pound this week!  I still have a long way to go to get to where I want, but I want to make sure that I'm doing it in a healthy way. Now I just have to decide if I want to stick with this or go back to replacing the meat and dairy with plant-based foods. 

What did you eat this week?

Amy






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...