Sunday, March 23, 2014

What to do??

Hey guys,

So hubby got into his #1 choice school for his MBA, but he wasn't offered any financial aid. :-(

He's scrambling and trying to see if there's a way to make it work. I'm not sure if there will be.  

And I'm kind of hoping to stay here:  I was offered a position for next year that would mean a return to public school, a move I've been thinking about making for a while now. It would be such good, meaningful work. It's a Title I school (meaning there are a high percentage of low income students) with a large refuge population from around the world. It is a job that answers a lot of what I feel is lacking in my current position: giving back, making the world a better place by working with kids in need, and a chance for future advancement by moving back to a large district. 

So Hubby and I have worked out a deal: he's working on a financial plan to see if he can make things work. And I'm tentatively making plans to be here next year. Hubby has until May 1 to give the school an answer, so we will see what he comes up with. 

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...