Friday, May 29, 2015

German Food!

Hey guys!

I have now been in Germany for almost a week. Hubby and I have done a lot of running around and getting everything set up for me and the dogs this week. In between what seems like as mountain of paperwork, we have managed to catch a few great meals, too.


My very first night we had Italian food in town. It was very good- I think!  I had been awake for almost 36 hours at that point and it was all I could do not to fall asleep in my noodles. Hubby says the pizza there is to die for so I'm sure we will head back at some point and I promise pictures when we do!

My second night I was still pretty jet lagged, so we went out for Greek food in the historic town square. It was raining and the town was almost empty because it was a three day weekend.




I ordered an appetizer and an entree.  The appetizer was the best part by far: creamy fava beans in a smokey tomato sauce with feta melted on top. The spinach and rice entrĂ©e was okay, it just tasted an awful lot like canned spinach, which I don't really care for.  


Lunch on Tuesday was at a tiny place in town called a Kebab. Unlike the skewered meat and vegetables I was expecting, this was more like Greek food: roasted turkey sliced fresh off a giant spit in a hot pita with veggies, garlic-yogurt sauce, and fries. As you can see in the picture, this was a LOT of food. Serves me right for letting Hubby talk me into the combo!  Now I know for next time. 


This was my favorite meal so far!  Thursday night, Hubby took me to a German restaurant hidden inside a quaint hotel across from the Town Hall. I ordered spatzel with cheese and fried onions. Spatzel is a bit like a cross between a dumpling and a noodle. Although I ordered off the Vegetarian Menu section, it came with a salad sprinkled with ham. Hubby laughed and told me that, "Ham is a vegetable around here!"  It wasn't that big of a deal (I'm not ever a vegetarian, I just don't eat ham or beef) but it was pretty funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...