Friday, August 7, 2015

Throw Back Thursday

Hey guys!

 I haven't done one of these in a super long time.  Here is one of my all-time favorite pictures of me and my sister growing up:




I think I was around seven in this picture, which would make my sister around four.  We were camping in the redwoods in Northern California, which we did all the time before we moved to Arizona.  My dad used to love camping!  We even had a big tent trailer for a while with pull out beds and a little kitchen that he would pull behind his station wagon.

I still love nature and being outdoors.  There's just something about the stillness that you can find on your own in the middle of nowhere, whether its camping in the redwoods or hiking in the desert.  My dad is a huge conservationist and I think that's what he was trying to teach us by taking us camping- there are things out there not only bigger and more permanent than us, but also irreplaceable and worth protecting.

Stay stylish!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...