Thursday, August 20, 2015

Throwback Thursday

Hey guys!

This week's Throwback Thursday picture was taken the summer after I graduated from high school.  I had the amazing opportunity to travel to Europe through a program called the Arizona Ambassadors of Music.  It's a state-wide group that takes a band and a choir on tour every other summer.  I auditioned for and won a seat in the flute section.  I worked a lot of hours at the old Mervyn's department store to pay for it, and my parents helped me out quite a bit as well.  We saw seven countries in sixteen days and performed in every one.  It was quite a whirlwind experience and I loved every minute of it!






This particular photograph was taken in Switzerland (one of my favorite places on the tour).  We took a bus up into the mountains to visit the actual Matterhorn mountain.  (If you aren't an American, this is one of the most famous European mountains in the United States because it was used as a model for the artificial mountain built at Disneyland in California to house a ride of the same name.)  That's it in the background, covered in snow even though it was late June.  Despite my smile, I was FREEZING.  My tan jacket, part of the tour uniform, definitely didn't cut it this day!  I'm posing with a St. Bernard named Josie.  She belonged to the owners of the hotel where we had lunch and they charged a small fee for tourists to pose for a picture with her. I'd never owned a dog at this point in my life, despite having always loved them, so it was an opportunity I couldn't pass up.

On a funny side note, Hubby and I actually ran into the Arizona Ambassadors of Music in Montmartre during our Paris trip.  It was bizarre, in such a crowded foreign city, to have such a case of nostalgia and de ja vu.

Stay stylish!

Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...