Monday, August 31, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up: Car Show!

Hey guys!

Germany came up with one more hot weekend for us here, so we elected to stick close to home this weekend.  Even though "hot" here is closer to 90 degrees than the 110 degrees that qualifies as hot back in Arizona, it really does feel worse here because of the lethal combination of high humidity and lack of air conditioning.  There's just no escape when its hot out!

We stocked up on water and hit a car show on Post that Hubby wanted to see.  It was a lot smaller than he was expecting, so he was kind of disappointed, but he still had a blast wandering around and talking shop with some of the car owners.

I am not very into cars.  At all.  I like that my car is a hybrid and is reliable.  Beyond that, I don't care that much.  However, I married a real car guy.  He gets super excited to see an old or expensive car on the road, loves NASCAR races on TV, misses his Camaro that is with his dad, and even used to work on the pit crew of a now-retired race car driver back in Arizona.  Even though I don't share his enthusiasm, I am a good sport whenever he wants to stand in a parking lot and admire a car.  Here are the pictures I took.



This looks quite a bit like Hubby's Camaro that he sold to his dad back in Arizona.  It would have been super impractical here in the winters with all the ice and snow that we know are coming.  His is also orange and this body style, but has a white stripe instead of a black one.



There was also a Transformers Camaro there.  I really liked that movie, although the sequels were TERRIBLE, and so this Special Edition made me smile.  Bumblebee!  



The only sort of old car that I really like are the original Ford Mustangs.  I think they are super cute looking.  This one was a 1968 model, so it's not the original body style, but it's pretty close.  



Driving back from the car show we passed a horse drawn carriage.  I was too busy helping Hubby decide if it was safe to pass to get a really good picture, but you can see them here in the reflection in the corner of the  mirror.  We see a LOT of tractors around here, but this was our first horse drawn carriage!

We also had lunch at the PX (air conditioning!) where I got a tuna sub from Subway.  I think their tuna is wonderful when its hot out.  I got in on whole wheat and added lettuce, spinach, black olives, banana peppers, onions, cucumbers, pickles, yellow mustard, and black pepper.  If you do it right one of their sandwiches is practically a salad!

We stopped for ice cream cones once we got back into town.  I was brave and tried a scoop of bitterschoko ice cream, which looked quite good.  The name literally translates to bitter chocolate, but it turned out to be dark chocolate ice cream instead of bittersweet, which is much better!

What did you do this weekend?  Make sure to let me know in the comments below!

Stay Stylish!

XOXO, Amy




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...