Thursday, September 17, 2015

Grocery Haul!

Hey guys!

I love doing these grocery hauls, because I love food, I love grocery shopping, and I really think that doing these helps keep me on track with healthy choices.  Here's what I picked up for the week:


Produce


I picked up a container of white button mushrooms, a red pepper, a cucumber, scallions, two bananas, three zucchini, and a bag of Granny Smith apples to share with Hubby (they're his favorite!).  Not pictured are two sweet yellow onions for cooking and an avocado for lunchtime wraps.  The mushrooms and one of the onions are for stroganoff.  The pepper is for enchiladas.  The zucchinis are for zucchini parmesan and enchiladas.  The cucumber is for tzatziki. The bananas are for breakfasts.  The apples are for snacks.  The scallions are for garnish.  

Dairy


I got a block of Feta cheese, shredded cheddar, provolone slices, a half gallon of skim milk, a half gallon of light vanilla soy milk, and light sour cream.  The Feta is for the zatziki.  The cheddar is for topping enchiladas and for lunchtime wraps.  The provolone is for zucchini parmesan.  The skim milk is for cooking and cereal.  The soy milk is for oatmeal in the mornings.  The sour cream is for stroganoff, tzatziki, and for topping enchiladas.


Canned Goods



I bought a package of egg noodles, turkey chili, a can of chicken, two kinds of Hunt's tomato sauce (mushroom and traditional), a box of whole wheat rotini, green enchilada sauce, fat free refried beans, mint chocolate Milano cookies, and green salsa.  The tortillas, chili, and the chicken are for lunchtime wraps.  The mushroom tomato sauce is for zucchini parmesan.  The traditional tomato sauce and rotini are for baked pasta with sausage.  The tortillas, salsa, beans, and enchilada sauce are for zucchini enchiladas.  The Milanos are for desserts.


Protein


I still had some chicken in the freezer that I'm going to use in tortilla soup this week, so I only needed to pick up a few things.  I bought a package of extra lean ground turkey.  About half of it is going into the stroganoff and the rest will be frozen for another use.  The smoked turkey sausage is for a baked pasta dish.  I couldn't find any Italian style turkey sausage, which is what I would normally use, so I'll have to see how this works out!  The hummus is for lunch.  I love red pepper hummus on bagel thins, which I already had, preferrably topped with olives and feta.  Yum!


On the Economy


I've been trying not to shop "on the economy" very much because I always seem to wind up buying junk food, but I did make one small trip to the Netto in town this week.  I bought two rolls and a pretzle for Hubby that got eaten that day, but also picked up two bottles of red wine and a package of coffee.  The wine on the left is Cabernet Savignon and the wine on the left is a blend of Cabernet Savignon and what I think is Pinot Noir.  I'm especially excited about that one because Pinot Noir is my all time favorite kind of wine and I can't find it anywhere in Germany!    Hubby's German coworkers swear the German coffee is way better than American coffee, so I decided to be brave and try some once my Starbucks coffee runs out.   Like the wine, there didn't seem to be a lot of varieties that I recognized, so I bought what looked like the darkest roast, since I like dark coffee.  It will be an adventure!

What do you think?  Make sure to leave a comment below and don't forget to watch my Grocery Haul video for this week.  Likes and comments are always very much appreciated!




Stay stylish!

XOXO- Amy






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...