Wednesday, September 2, 2015

What I Ate Wednesday

Hey guys!

Now that we are settled in Germany, my goal is to work on building healthy routines.  This week I'm trying to focus on drinking more water and eating more veggies, sometimes with more success than others! Here’s what I ate today:

Breakfast





I had scrambled egg whites out of a carton with diced red bell pepper and a pinch of cheddar cheese.  On the side I had a slice of turkey bacon, and a piece of whole wheat toast with a tiny amount of margarine.  I drank black Starbucks House Blend coffee out of one of my big Fiestaware mugs and had my second glass of water for the day.

Lunch



It was very hot and muggy out right around lunch time, although it was broken up later by a pretty epic bout of rain, so I kept lunch very simple because I didn’t feel like fooling with anything complicated.  Plus I ate a little later than normal and I was HUNGRY! 
I had a toasted whole wheat bagel thin topped with tuna salad and sliced cucumber.  The tuna salad was made with a 3 ounce can of solid white tuna by Starkist with a spoonful of light mayonnaise and a sprinkle of black pepper.  That was it- simple and easy.

Afternoon Snack



For my afternoon snack, I made a protein smoothie in the blender using: a cup of skim milk, half a cup of frozen strawberries, half of a very ripe banana, and a scoop of chocolate protein powder by Weight Watchers.

Dinner




I’m excited to have finally made something more from scratch for one of these!  I made bean and vegetable soup using fiesta corn, kidney beans, vegetable broth, zucchini, yellow squash, onion, and jalapeno pepper.  

Dessert

I totally forgot to take a picture of this, but I had one of my Special K brownies from my Grocery Haul video from last week with a dollop of fat free Cool Whip.

What did you eat today?  Let me know in the comments below and make sure to check out my What I Ate Wednesday video, too.



Stay stylish!

XOXO Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...