Friday, September 18, 2015

What I Ate Wednesday

Hey guys!

So this week's What I Ate Wednesday is actually a day late.  I was super busy yesterday carting the dogs to the vet for shots yesterday, which is never fun.  Hubby came with to help with Trouble, who does much better for him at the vet's, and since he was only off until noon, I wound up having to drop him off and then pick him up after work since the vet ran later than we expected.  In between then and quitting time, I dropped the dogs off, wrote a grocery list, drove back to Post, mailed a gift for a friend and multiple cards for family members, picked up a package for Hubby, swooned over the pumpkin candles at the PX (I need to use up my cranberry pear one first!), and got groceries.  Phew!

I've also been sick this week.  I have mild environmental allergies which have been bothering me here in Germany and led to a sinus infection.  My allergies used to be really bad when I was younger and I got sinus infections all the time.  Thankfully, I caught this one really early and have so far been pretty successful at treating it myself with decongestants, hot showers, and extra sleep.  If I start running a fever or get any pain in my face then I'll need to go to the doctor's and probably get an antibiotics prescription.  I'm hoping to avoid that, though, since antibiotics always leave me feeling super tired.

So I'm taking it easy for a few days and sticking to bland foods that sound good while I'm under the weather.  Here's my "sick food" day:

Breakfast





I had a slice of white bread toasted with a smear of margarine and a glass of orange juice.  No coffee today!



Lunch

I kept it simple with a bowl of Campbell's Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup and a side of saltine crackers.  I also had a small glass of 7-Up, which is one of those foods that I only crave when I'm under the weather.


Afternoon Snack


I had a small serving of dry Rice Krispies and a glass of Fruit Punch flavored Gatorade.  These are both foods that I NEVER eat, except when I'm sick.


Dinner

I was feeling a little better after a day of resting and bland food, so I branched out a bit and made a pasta dish from my College Cooking cookbook.

I didn't have anything after dinner beside water.  It's a lot harder to reach my goal of eight glasses when I'm not feeling well, but I came close at seven glasses for the day.

You can check out my What I Ate Wednesday video here:




and make sure to leave a comment below!

Stay stylish!

XOXO- Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...