Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Grocery Haul!

Hey guys!

This week, I hit up the commisary for some yummy ingredients.  It's always nice to have the ingredients for homemade meals when its cold and rainy out.  We are having a lot of soup this week!

Here's what I bought to help us through all the cold, rainy weather that keeps coming our way in Germany:

Dairy



We needed everything in this category!  I bought mozzarella and Swiss sliced cheese, vanilla yogurt, Parmesan shreds, skim milk, light sour cream, and margarine.  The milk and margarine are for cooking, the yogurt is for snacks, the mozzarella is for breakfast sandwiches, the Swiss is for potato casserole (our new cold weather favorite treat!), and the Parmesan is for garnish.


Produce


We still have some items in the fridge for last week, but I picked up three green bell peppers, broccoli, baby spinach, a bag of white potatoes, two onions, a lemon, two plums, and bananas.  The bell peppers are for soup and pilaf, the spinach is for another soup recipe, the potatoes are for the same lentil soup as the spinach, the onions are for everything, the broccoli is for dinner sides, the lemon is for tea, the plums are for the yogurt, and the bananas are for oatmeal on mornings when I'm not working.

Carbs


I got tortilla chips for going on top of a few dinner recipes, shredded wheat for mornings when I don't quite feel like oatmeal, brown rice for lentil pilaf, and whole wheat English muffins for breakfast sandwiches.


Frozen Foods


I got veggie sausages, refrigerator biscuits, veggie crumbles, and turkey bacon.  The sausages are for slightly different breakfast sandwiches next week, the crumbles are for stuffed pepper soup, and the biscuits were on sale.  I don't know what I'm going to do with them yet (there's a LOT of them!) but they're great for easy dumplings, popovers, breakfasts, and even just as biscuits with butter and jam.


Canned Goods


I needed a lot of tomato soup, bread crumbs, diced tomatoes, refried beans, and dried pinto beans this week.  The tomato soup is for stuffed pepper soup and pinto bean soup (along with the pinto beans, of course!), the tomatoes are for lentil soup, and the beans are for a side dish on taco night.

See what I mean about a lot of soup??  We are having onion and potato soup, pinto bean soup, lentil soup, lentil pilaf, fish and broccoli, tacos, and potato casserole for our Friday treat.  What are you eating this week?  Let me know in the comments below and make sure to check out my Grocery Haul Video:


Stay stylish!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...