Thursday, October 15, 2015

Weekly Grocery Haul!

Hey guys!

So I'm still working on this healthy cold weather eating. It's so, so tempting to eat a lot of fattening stuff when it's cold out, like pasta and creamy soups!  Since neither of us is used to cold weather, having come to Germany from ARIZONA, this first winter is going to be especially tricky for us.  We are trying, though!

Here's what I bough for the week:


Dairy




I didn't need a whole lot for the week, but I got cheddar cheese and cottage cheese for dinner recipes, sour cream for putting a dollop on top of a few things, skim milk for cooking, and Greek style vanilla and almond yogurt.  I'm trying to stick with yogurt and fruit for afternoon snacks, even though it's so much colder out right now.  I know its super healthy and will help tide me over until dinner so I don't over eat.

Produce


I feel like I bought a LOT of produce this week, but we were out of basically everything when I went to the Commissary.  I picked up four zucchini for dinner recipes and a batch of veggie chili that I'm going to portion out for lunches next week, sweet yellow onions and carrots for cooking, celery for soup and for snacking, two peppers for the chili and a casserole, and bananas for oatmeal.  We are still working our way through all of the apples that came from the trees out back, so I didn't pick up any additional fruit.

Protein


We are still working our way through the big bag of frozen chicken breasts that I picked up before, so all we needed was veggie crumbles for chili, tuna for lunch, and turkey bacon for a garnish in a pasta dish.

Carbs


 We didn't need a lot, just whole wheat bread and two different kinds of pasta for dinners.  The bread is mostly for Hubby's lunchtime sandwiches that he takes to work, but I include it because sometimes I'll have toast in the morning or a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch.


Pantry Items


We didn't need a lot here, either, but I got chicken boullion for making soups, peanut butter (for us, not the dogs), light ranch dressing for salads and dipping, tomato sauce for pasta, green chilies for a casserole, beans for chili, and premade turkey chili for the same tortilla casserole as the green chilies.

Treats


My treats for the week are a bag of Reese's Pieces peanut butter candy and a box of Bigelow Peppermint Bark tea which smells AMAZING.

Check out my grocery haul video here:



What are you eating this week?

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...