Saturday, March 1, 2014

My Living Room

Hey guys!

The living room is finally finished!



I've been working on this space since the summer and it's finally the way I pictews it in my head!  The red pillows and framed painting are from Ross. The throw on the couch came from CVS. The area rug is a handmedown from my mom. My aunt picked It up at an estate sale outside of Boston years ago for my parents' entry way.  My mom eventually replaced it with a lookalike without fringe because it was never neat enough and drove her crazy!  I've decided that with the dogs running around I just need to embrace te idea that the fringe will always be all over the place. We will have to see how I do with that!

The curtains are from Hancock Fabrics. I love the giant grommets!  The curtain rods and hardware were bought at IKEA the last time we visited my parents. I tried to put up the curtains with tension rods when I ought them over the summer and they were way to heavy. They sat crumpled on  a chair in my study for the whole fall semester until we decide to be brave enough to hang real curtain rods.

I'm so excited. What do you think?

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...