Wednesday, August 19, 2015

What I Ate Wednesday

Hey guys!

I haven't done one of these in ages.  Between the chaos leading up to moving, dealing with EXTREME jet lag, and moving into our rental house in Germany, my eating habits were getting pretty sporadic.  Now that we are settled in, I'm working on getting back on track with healthy eating and I think that making What I Ate Wednesdays a regular thing will help me hold myself accountable.


Breakfast (7:30 am)




Today for breakfast, I had a bowl of oatmeal from a new brand that I'm trying called Oat Revolution.  It was brown sugar and cinnamon flavored and had flax seeds mixed in with the oatmeal.  I like it because it was flavorful without being super sweet.  Also, the little packet had a water line marked on it to measure out the right amount of water to cook it in, which is a neat little touch.  Over the top of the oatmeal, I sliced half a banana and sprinkled a bit of cinnamon.  On the side, I had a small cup of skim milk, black French roast coffee in one of my pretty Fiesta Ware latte cups and a glass of water.  This is the only purple one I own.  I picked it up at Goodwill back in Arizona for $1!


Lunch (12:15)


Another meal in a bowl!  For lunch I had half of a large can of lentil and vegetable soup from Trader Joe's. Trader Joe's isn't a thing in Europe (or at least not in Germany) and I really miss it!  This is one of the cans that was shipped by the movers that I talked about in my house tour video.  Over the top I added a small handful of cheese and garlic croutons, a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, and a touch of garlic powder.  This is one of my favorite ways to make canned soup a little more interesting.  I also had another glass of water, bringing my daily total so far up to five.  I'm always trying to drink more water!


Afternoon Snack (3:30)


I usually try to mix some protein (yogurt, peanut butter, cottage cheese) with a serving of fruit in the afternoon, but my last apple wound up being rotten on the inside and I decided to go with something savory instead.  I had two white cheddar rice cakes broken up and dipped in medium heat salsa.  This makes something nacho-like for a very small calorie budget.


Dinner (6:30)









For dinner I "assembled" chicken and broccoli stir-fry.  I say assembled instead of cooked because I was feeling lazy and this is more of a dump together meal that doesn't really require any formal measuring or cooking (yet is still pretty healthy!).


My little treat for the day was a glass of "Rotwein" (red wine) with the stir-fry, served in one of my cool stemless wine glasses from wine tasting back in Arizona.


Make sure to check out my What I Ate Wednesday Video below.  Don't forget to like it and leave a comment!



What did you eat today?  Let me know below.

Stay stylish,

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...