Friday, September 11, 2015

Fashion Friday

Hey guys!

Welcome back for another Fashion Friday Post.  This week has been very chilly and Hubby and I are still working to adapt to our colder climate.  When you live in Arizona, you definitely get spoiled by nice, mild winters.  Here in Bavaria, we know that will not be the case and even though it's barely September we are already experiencing weather that is not very different from the dead of winter back in Arizona!

Tuesday Outfit



Here's a quick out-the-door shot of my Tuesday outfit.  I spent most of the day in the car.  First I drove to a neighboring town to visit a Ford repair place that told me on the phone they would work on a recall notice on my American Ford (it turns out they don't honor American warranties and wouldn't work on my car) and then after about a dozen phone calls back at home, I spent almost an hour and a half driving to the nearest place that would look at an American Ford.  I even got tricked by my phone's navigation into driving on the Autobahn for the first time!!

Black cable knit sweater: Banana Republic
Dark Teal Top: Merona Ultimate Tee
Cubic Zirconia Stud Earrings: Express Design Studio
Purse: Guess



Here I am looking tired back home safe at the end of my adventure.


Wednesday


Wednesday was still chilly, but a little bit warmer, so I ditched a sweater and went with a long sleeved red top with skinny jeans, a soft scarf, and tan slouch boots.  I've owned the boots for so long that they've actually been resoled.  The scarf is at the top of my list of amazing Goodwill finds- I paid 50 cents for it back in the spring and it's soft, warm, a great preppy plaid, and even a name brand!  

Top: The GAP
Jeans: Old Navy
Boots: Madden Girl
Scarf: Croft and Barrow


Friday


Today, I wore one of my all time favorite sweaters.  Its a tan heather cashmere v-neck from Banana Republic, size small.  I bought it on final clearance after Christmas five years ago.  I think I paid about $40 for it.  It's 100% cashmere and super soft and warm.  Even if it's not on final clearance, I firmly believe that one good quality sweater will give you more mileage that a dozen cheap ones.  Since then, I've purchased one nice sweater a year, usually at an after-Christmas sale with gift money.  I now own two more cashmere sweaters, one in basic black and one in teal.  Both were bought on clearance at J.Crew.  I also own two nice wool sweaters: a plum cowl neck  and a black merino turtleneck that are both also from a Banana Republic clearance sale.  I love sweaters and am super excited to have lots of opportunities to wear them this winter!




Sweater: Banana Republic Cashmere Collection
Jeans: Old Navy Boot Cut Sweethearts
Boots: Xhiliration
Scarf: NKD
Pearl Earrings: Tiffany's (A gift from Hubby on our First Anniversary)

What did you wear this week?  Let me know in the comments below!

Stay stylish!
XOXO- Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...