Monday, November 2, 2015

Halloween House Tour!

Hey guys!

Halloween isn't commonly celebrated in Germany so we decided to go easy on our decorations this year, especially outside.  Here's what I put out:




Here are the only decorations I set up outside:  my "tombstones" by the front door.



Here are some of my new decorations that I bought after last Halloween.



I also got a lace covered pumpkin to go with all the fabric ones my mom has made for us.



This is my Halloween Tree, complete with bats!



Here's one of my pumpkin candles with my witch nutcracker.  My grandmother collected nutcrackers and adored Halloween, so when I cam across it at Target years ago I just HAD to buy it for her.  After she passed away, my mom gifted it back to me and I set it out every Halloween.



Here's my pumpkin wreath that I bought after last Halloween intending to hand up on our screen door back in Arizona.  Between the lack of screen door and the lack of Halloween around here, I decided to set it up inside.


Here's Big Boy getting in the Halloween spirit!



How cute are these?!?  I picked up my Halloween socks at the dollar store last year.  :)

Although we weren't anticipating any trick or treaters, I picked up a bag of Snickers "just in case" at the commissary.  And by just in case, I was hoping for "Oh, darn, I guess we'll just have to eat these ourselves!"  I was mostly correct, although the little girl from across the street came over with two of her friends in costumes to trick or treat and made friends with the dogs for a while.  They had a lot of fun, but clearly didn't have a lot of candy in their bags since so few people were probably handing it out.  Poor kiddos!

What did you do for Halloween?  Let me know in the comments below!

Stay stylish!

Amy






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...