Thursday, June 13, 2013

What I Ate Wednesday!

I've seen a LOT of people doing this on their blogs and it was too cute (and alliterative!) for me to pass up on.  Thanks to all the bloggers out their who inspired this idea!



Today for breakfast (7:30) I had an egg white omelet.  I didn't really measure anything, but here's my best approximation:  Three egg whites with one slice of Trader Joe's turkey bacon chopped up, two sliced crimini mushrooms, two tablespoons diced green pepper, and one tablespoon diced onion with a sprinkling of low-fat cheese.  Also a mug of black coffee (Trader Joe's French Roast- yum!) and a big glass of water.




Lunch was out, which is unusual for me, but I was done with one appointment and waiting for another so it didn't make sense to go all the way back across town to eat.  I ordered a street tacos plate at a local taco joint.  It came with three tiny (about 3" across) chicken soft tacos with onion, cilantro, and a dollop of mashed avocado.  There was a side of tortilla chips and pinto beans.  I ate all three tacos, the beans (about 1/4 cup) and half of the chips dipped in mild salsa.  Since it was so hot out, I also treated myself to an icy Diet Coke.



After all of my appointments and errands, I had a giant glass of ice water and a Dryers All Fruit Bar in Strawberry- they're still kinda sugary for my taste but it was hot out and I'm gonna pretend it counts towards my fruit for the day!




For dinner I made homemade bean and spinach soup. It's made of onion, red bell pepper, garlic, baby spinach, cannellini beans, and 4 cups of organic low sodium vegetable broth.  I normally use chicken broth, but had a carton of veggie broth in the back of my pantry left over from some cookbook idea I never got around to.  I didn't follow a recipe, just added what sounded good.  It's still cooking in the pic but I pureed it with my awesome red immersion blender- a gift from my MIL that I really like.  Who doesn't love pureed soup?  I had a Pepperidge Farms wheat roll on the side with a small dollop of light butter (the kind that's part butter and part canola oil).  The rolls store in the freezer and heat up quickly in the over for a simple side.  And that was it!  I usually avoid snacking after dinner, but I'll have something if I'm still really hungry or if I have a craving I just can't shake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...