Wednesday, October 14, 2015

What I Ate Wednesday

Hey guys!

Here's this week's What I Ate Wednesday.  I'm working on still eating healthy, even though its FREEZING out and I sort of want to crawl inside of a bowl of Alfredo pasta and never come out.  I'm trying to emphasize warming foods, like oatmeal, vegetable pasta, bean dishes, and broth-based soups to stay on track with my weight-loss and fitness goals.

Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast


For breakfast, I had my cold weather "usual": oatmeal cooked with vanilla almond milk, cinnamon, and half a sliced banana served with water and black coffee.


Lunch


I had one of my boxed lunches that I prepped over the weekend today for lunch.  It had homemade egg salad, spinach, Triscuit crackers, baby carrots, and green grapes.


Dinner

I made a recipe out of one of my favorite cookbooks for dinner: garlic refried beans, sauteed zucchini, mozzarella, and salsa.  It sounds a little strange, but it's a great meal!

Evening Treat

I was in the mood for something sweet, especially because I never got around to having an afternoon snack today.  So I treated myself to a cup of plum spice herbal tea and a serving of Reese's Pieces candy.  I'm one of those dorks that actually counts out a serving of little candies.  Otherwise, I'll eat too much or else I'll feel like I'm cheating myself out of a full serving.  It's silly, but then I know I'm getting the right amount!

What did you eat today?

Stay stylish!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...